Monday, March 15, 2010

Big Lilly, Little Mia




Or Large Lilly, Mini Mia.

I forgot to schedule a 3 year old well check up appointment close to Lilly's birthday so we just went in last week. We knew she was a sturdy girl and always seemed pretty tall around other 3, even 4 year old girls. It turns out Lilly is pretty tall for her age! She's in the 75th percentile for both height and weight at 38.5 inches and 34 pounds. Lilly's always been above the 50th percentile for height and weight ... haha and head size since she was a baby.

Lilly likes going to the doctor. She's interested in all the tools and procedures the nurses and doctors have to go through. This 3 year old visit was the first time they took her blood pressure. When the nurse got the stuff out she knew exactly what to do! She stuck her arm out and said, "I have one of those at home." Heehee She does have one of those blood pressure things in her doctor set. Then at the end of the visit she had to get a shot. I wasn't sure if she was going to be as brave as the time she got her flu shot and didn't cry, but sure enough she was brave and didn't cry again! She looked really worried though and then said, "Ouwah. It hurts." Lilly was fine after that and then was ready to pick out a big sticker for doing a good job.

Lilly is our tall, sturdy girl, while Mia is our mini Mia. She looks so petite. Some people are surprised when I tell them Mia is 7 months old because she looks smaller than their chubby 3 month old babies! Don't let her size fool you because this little girl can eat! She drinks milk 4-5 times a day and goes through about 2 baby food containers (sometimes more, breakfast sometimes less) at each meal. Mia will cry or scream between spoonfuls of food if you're not feeding her fast enough. Heehe although she's pretty quiet when you give her some of her least favorite foods like green beans. Mia must have a fast metabolism because just as quickly as she takes in food, she cranks it out. We're pretty much guaranteed to find something extra in her diaper at every diaper change.

We thank God for our two healthy girls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was always in the 90th percentile for height! You'd never have guessed right? :-) Bethany does look... not older but bigger than Mia... hehe! She has the Calhoun jeans! She will PROBABLY be taller than Mia.

We don't want you to move, but we do want you to be where God puts you. We are praying for you!

I LOVED babysitting Mia, she liked me after I fed her :-)

See you next week!

Emily

It was great to read all your updates... I enjoyed that!