
Kelly made a fabulous American Flag cake with blueberries and strawberries. It was delicious! Fresh fruit on cake has gotta be my favorite kind of cake. Thank you, Kelly, for making my birthday special with cake, a yummy lasagna dinner, and sharing such kind words and honoring me at dinner. I feel so blessed!
After dinner we went to Gaithersburg to see their fireworks show. It was Lilly's second time going to see fireworks but it was Ethan, Evangeline and obviously the babies first time watching fireworks. Lilly thought they were too loud at first but then she seemed to have gotten used to it and enjoyed the show. Of course the pink fireworks were her favorite! Mia seemed interested. At least she didn't cry!
The kids had fun playing with glow sticks, bracelets and glow toys before the fireworks actually started.

Mia's a little fussy in this pic but she did pretty well considering we stayed up so late.

I really like ending my birthday with fireworks. It reminds me of childhood and doing sparklers in the backyard. I hope to make fireworks and sparklers a tradition for my kids now!
No comments:
Post a Comment