"It's only once a year ... " when we ...
- buy a dozen donuts from the cider mill and eat them within 3 days
- pick a 1/2 bushel of apples and bake pie, muffins, and other sweet treats until the apples are gone
- eat candy at Halloween
- stuff our bellies at multiple Thanksgiving dinners
- eat Christmas cookies + pies and other holiday treats
Hehee you can see from the list that we like our sweet treats. There seems to be some kind of treat to eat any time throughout the year and we justify eating it by saying, "It's only once a year ..." This time of year seems to be the time to put on extra weight ... maybe for the winter. I guess people usually eat what they want around the holidays, and then out of guilt they set a resolution to lose weight in the new year.
I must be thinking about about my health because I watched the Dr. Oz show the other day. He was talking about heart health and eating good food (it's good when the food you eat looks the way it did when it came out of the ground). I want to eat healthier but I do like my treats too. Well I guess it's always good to follow the "eat in moderation" rule and practice self control. :) Now to teach this to my kids too ... The other night, after Lilly finished all her dinner, she said, "I want a special treat for me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment