Saturday, July 25, 2009

2 Days Past Due Date

Baby #2's due date was on July 23rd. Now I get to tell people my due date was last Thursday or I'm 2 days past my due date. They respond, "Oh wow!" I've gotten that same reaction when I told strangers that I was due any day. I must be pretty big and look like I'm ready to pop at any minute.

I pretty much feel that way right now. The later I get in pregnancy the more discomfort I feel. My body feels like it's been preparing to birth a baby for the last month. My hips and joints are super sore and achey. So yeah, I've been preparing myself physically and mentally to have the baby for about a month now.

It's hard enough to wait for the actual due date to come around let alone wait multiple days after the due date. However, many women have had to wait past their estimated due date. I've heard and read stats that say the majority of women deliver past their due date. My mom said I came 2 weeks late and had to be induced! It's rough on my body to wait and Dave, Lilly and I are also super excited to meet this little baby inside my belly. Come out little girl!!!

God is teaching me to be patient and also content with where I'm at. I look around at other people and see them holding small babies. I have the temptation to want what they have - their bodies are on the road to post-baby recovery and they get to enjoy their new little bundle of joy. God has been gracious in this time though. I'm still able to drive around and run errands, go to the park and library with Lilly, take naps when Lilly naps, and have time to clean and prepare the house for our newborn. God knows the right time and the right doctor to deliver my baby. I want to rest in knowing that and not be anxious.

Well there's no sign of baby coming tonight or even tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to check in on our little girl. We'll make a decision from there whether to consider scheduling a induction date or wait for natural labor to begin. As long as baby is okay and everything in the womb is normal, she might not be born until August! We're not going past 2 weeks though! I worry about her getting bigger and bigger inside, and then I'll be trying to push out a 10 pound baby! We're still praying that she'll come soon and come out healthy.

I haven't been as good about posting on the blog. I'm hoping to post another entry soon about how funny Lilly is now at age 2 1/2. Dave and I just want to remember some of things she says and does. She cracks us up! We're so enjoying her and this toddler stage right now.

Thank you God for our 2 precious little girls!

2 comments:

The Liu Fam said...

God is so kind. Praying for a healthy delivery today!

Laura said...

looks like she came right after you posted this! :)